Thursday, November 7, 2013

Choices, Options, Decisions

I'm a research hound. (Ha.)

See, in my "other" life, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool horse girl. In fact, my horse world connections were what even brought Decker Rat Terriers to my attention, and it was one of those connections that even enabled this whole transaction and imminent arrival of Her Puppyness. 

So I'm very used to researching choices and options when it comes to things like saddles, tack, food, and pretty much everything under the sun that is equine-related.

And the same thing applies to dogs.

What food will I feed? What's an over-hyped trend versus what is backed by established, long-term, proven facts? What's over-marketed, pretty packaging consisting of nothing but bad fillers and cheesy TV commercials versus real ingredients that dogs were actually made to process?

I've still not ultimately come to a decision on food...fortunately, it will essentially come down to narrowing my options to a couple of choices, then high-tailing it ten minutes away to the nearest Pet Club.

Right now, I'm looking at far more important things: ID tags. A girl has to be properly accessorized, no? And let me tell you, Etsy is a fantastic resource for creative, handmade dog tags that are so far removed from the old school circular ID tags.

Although, I have to admit, I've been unable to narrow my choices down to just one tag, so my girlie will probably have a rotating "wardrobe" of ID tags. (TV-and-movie-loving fangirl meets doggie fashion. So far, I've found tags that are themed or relate to a number of things I like to watch and/or read. This is gonna be fun.)

So far, I've just got one tag on order that's designed as a puppy/cat tag, as most of the ones I like are a little big for a small puppy at this stage. But I'm sure she'll grow into them fast enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment